PEX Manifold sizing (Vanguard MANABLOC)

Users who are viewing this thread

henri

Reaction score
I'm remodelling a house built in 1931 in Bellingham WA

I had the plumber stub all new copper to the unfinished basement and i'm going to setup a home-run PEX manifold myself.

Question: the Vanguard MANABLOC comes in 1/2" and 3/8" outlet sizes. I have a new bathroom in the second floor and the plumber ran a 3/4" cold water line for the shower/toilet/sink and a 1/2" for the hot water.

Should I get a 1/2" MANABLOC and bump up the size to 3/4" PEX line for the cold water to the upstairs bathroom? (can I do this at the manifold?)

or just run 1/2" PEX to the copper line?

or skip the MANABLOC and use something else?

thanks

henri

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I would try to match the size of the copper stub outs for each of the PEX runs. I think your using a centralized manifold system. Some times it is cheaper to use 2 manifolds one with 3/4 and only one or 2 outlets and a second with 1/2. With it only being one stub out that goes to the shower, toilet, and sink. If you don’t flush right before you get into the shower then you should be fine with using a 1/2 manifold.

I would suggest that you find one that uses a 3/4 supply and run 3/4 to and form the hot water heater.

As far as using something else I would use copper for everything. Since you have all the stub outs (I’m thinking he ran them into the basement or craw space for you) why not run copper. He has done all of the hard stuff for you. It should not be that hard to run some copper. If you go this rout I would run 3/4 for the main lines and T off with what ever size he ran. I hate anything for water supply in a hose except for copper. With me it cost almost the same for copper and non copper. I charge more per hour for non copper work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks