PEX Manifold 1 1/4 x 12 port 3/4" question, Tee or not to Tee

Users who are viewing this thread

acaciolo

Reaction score
I am doing a large project that has 16 3/4" PEX cold feeds to various bathrooms, pool filler, high flow faucets, etc. and 16 3/4" hot feeds to the same places.

We have a 1 1/4" line coming from the 35 gpm well so our manifolds will be two 1 1/4" input x 8 3/4" outputs for the cold side and then the same for the hot side coming off the 119 gallon indirect.

Some of the 3/4" runs are supplying a single bathroom and some are supplying high flow shower systems, so we need all 16 (32 if you count hot and cold) runs.

My question is this...are there any advantages to connecting the 2 8 port manifolds end to end to create 1 long 16 port manifold with a single 1 1/4" input line from the well or would it be better to tee the 1 1/4" well line and split it to 2 8 port manifolds? The same question for the hot side.

I don't think it would make a difference in hydraulics but wanted to see if anyone had real world advice.
thanks!

ps...yes.. I know this is alot of overkill. but this customer is all about overkill!
tony

Reach4

Reaction score
I would run 1/2 to a bathroom hot, because that will deliver the first hot water about twice as fast as 3/4.

For overkill, add recirculation. For less than recirc, but still a premium performance, run separate 3/8 pex to the lavs and 1/2 to the tub/shower.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
When jointing multiple manifolds, feed them from both ends for a more even water flow should two or more faucets are open. I made a crude drawing.

8manifolds.jpg

acaciolo

Reaction score
thanks for all the great ideas! love the feed from both ends...never would've thought of that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks