PEX Fittings to Wirsbo/Uponer tubing

Users who are viewing this thread

Frank lammers

Reaction score
can you connect PEX fitting via crimp to Wirsbo/Uponer tubing. I have read many conflicting opinions and was informed by Supply House that it can be used.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You may not get a warranty, but I think you'll find that yes, you can. You cannot use a -B, or -C pex (Wirsbo/Uphonor is type -A) pex with an Wirsbo/Uphonor fitting (expansion) one, but you can going the other way. Type -A is more flexible with better memory than types -B or -C, and is the reason why it works fine with the expansion connector system. Those factors shouldn't degrade a fitting used with -B or -C when using type -A with them.

Reach4

Reaction score
I used a SharkBite valve to feed to 3/8 OD copper going up to a toilet. Using the F1960 expansion fittings would have been much more difficult.

I used a spring bender to do the bend. I extended the spring up through the clearance hole. By getting the topside done before bending or attaching the copper from below also made it work better. The unused hole is where the old galvanized had been. The new hole was positioned to make it easier to feed the copper.

I had actually used expansion fittings first, but had a leak on the compression adapter. The leak was my fault. I was not cranking down on the compression nut nearly enough. But I did not know that then. I ripped out what I had and re-did it.

IMG_5.jpg

On the crimp or clamp, this is another chart that says OK. http://www.pexuniverse.com/content/types-of-pex-fittings It sure seems like for some less accessible spots the clamp would be easier. The expansion fittings are really nice in many other places.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks