PEX expansion heads >1”?

Users who are viewing this thread

JoeJee

HVAC Contractor
Reaction score
I have an iswiss PEX A manual expansion setup. It does up to 1”. I am wanting to use a 1-1/4” or 1-1/2” PEX line to my shop and at my tank. Does anyone know if the heads are all proprietary or can they work with other brands? Iswiss seems to only go up to 1”.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't know of any hand expander that will do anything above 1". But without actually holding the tool, it looks exactly the same as the wirsbo branded tool.

Gsmith22

Reaction score
for 1.25" and above, I've only seen M18 battery powered Milwaukee tools capable of handling those. 1" and below is where you have choices. It looks like there is some crossover in the Milwaukee lineup where their M18 tool does everything 1.5" and smaller down to 0.375" (separately they have an M12 tool for up to 1"). There is a separate much larger M18 tool for 2, 2.5, and 3". see here: https://www.supplyhouse.com/ProPEX-Expander-Tools-Heads-31000

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks