PEX A Uponor vs Apollo

Users who are viewing this thread

sc192

Reaction score
Good morning,

I'm repiping a 1970s home using a manifold system. I decided on PEX A tubing based on numerous discussions on this forum and have obtained a Dewalt expansion tool.

I was planning on using AquaPex PEX A tubing by Uponor. However due to national shortages 300ft rolls of red/blue 1/2 have been problematic to find. Supply house originally had them listed as back ordered and are now totally pulled from the website. Even rolls of white are in short supply.

Apollo PEX A is available in the colors and lengths I need from Home Depot.

Granted Uponor is the originator of the product but does anyone have good/bad experience with Apollo PEX A? I’m trying to decide if I go with the Apollo tubing or sit on this repipe for a bit longer hoping Uponor supply stabilizes.

Thanks,

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Wish I could tell you definitively. What I can tell you is that Uphonor (Wirsbo) is the only manufacturer that makes their own resin for their pipe so controls the entire production and supply. Everyone else buys some of their raw pex from elsewhere, so has less control over the process.

Hader

Reaction score
What I can tell you is that Uphonor (Wirsbo) is the only manufacturer that makes their own resin for their pipe so controls the entire production and supply. Everyone else buys some of their raw pex from elsewhere, so has less control over the process.

Very interesting!

"It's going to get ugly. There's going to be a big fight for materials," John Schiegg, vice president of supply-chain services for a Houston-based home builder, told the Journal."
Look at this from 3 months ago: https://www.wsj.com/articles/one-we...ring-monthslong-plastics-shortage-11615973401

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks