PEX-A Shower Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Jetboy55

Reaction score
Ok, with help from the forum, I've decided to forgo the tub spout in the new shower (no tub) that I was thinking about using for bucket filling. Ok, so now I need a suggestion and have 1 question.
First, what shower only valve should I use. I'm running two separate shower heads and shower valves into this shower, both supplied from 3/4 PEX-A with 1/2 PEX-A to each fixture. I saw suggestions for Delta r10000 and also for Delta r22000. I don't know the difference between the two, but I need shower only valve with PEX-A connections.
I understand that Deltas Multi-Choice rough valves will accept a pressure balanced or a thermostatic cartridge, so that decision can be made later, is that correct?
Also, regarding PEX-A valves and fittings. I understand PEX-A and PEX-B fittings are different, PEX-A being larger for the expansion connection. The fittings I was looking at at Menards say " PEX", but don't say whether they are for A or B. Is there a way to tell by looking at the shape of the barbs or something similar? Or a specification on the packaging, such as a number.
I guess that was two questions, but thanks for the help.

Jetboy55

Reaction score
After looking at pricing for thermostatic trim kits in black or oil rubbed bronze, I am considering going the pressure balanced route with my valve trim. We never leave the temperature the same from one shower to the next, and we never adjust the water pressure, we always just leave it on full power when we shower (no kids, just two empty nester adults). Money IS and object in our case, so if I can save $200 - $300 by choosing pressure balanced, I think I might do that. Any advice?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is one reason why I like installing Delta valves. When we built my GF's tiny house I installed the Delta PB valve she purchased online from the cheapest place possible.. Later when it didn't play nice with her just as cheap tankless, I was able to swap it out for a thermostatic trim. There are deals on trims out there if you have the time to look for them. Ebay is a great source for plumbing fixtures that plumbers purchased, but don't want to take the full restock fee for returning. In fact, I did a search and found what I think is Deltas refurbished reseller on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/str/mascoproductsupport

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks