Peroxide Injection Not Working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Elizabeth R.

Reaction score
I have a water softener system with the peroxide injection system. It occurred to me today that I haven't had to top up the peroxide in a while and when I looked, the system hasn't used any of the peroxide in over a month. Normally, I have to top it up at least once or twice a month. As near as I can tell, there is no water going into the tank where the injection system is housed (separate from the brine tank). Any tips on troubleshooting? I'd rather save the call-out fee and fix this myself if possible.

Otherwise, the system seems to be operating fine.

Reach4

Reaction score
You might post a picture of the device that sucks solution from the tank that you put the peroxide into.

Elizabeth R.

Reaction score
You might post a picture of the device that sucks solution from the tank that you put the peroxide into.
18836102_10103170511631177_1864548668_o.jpg
18788095_10103170511576287_420466840_n.jpg

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
An old Pot Perm tank, simple enough design. Do you put the peroxide into the small white internal container?

ditttohead

Reaction score
Replace the RES-Up feeder. The wick has stopped working, not sure why but the Res-Up feeder is really cheap. Check the color of the tube, it is either yellow or clear to determine the correct version.

Reach4

Reaction score
Elizabeth, you should protect the tanks, controller, the PVC pipe, and maybe more from ultraviolet rays. The pipe protection could be paint.

You could get a car cover, and put a strap around the bottom. Or maybe you could get a custom cover for your system sewn up.

I understand this is not addressing your main problem. The UV protection is to help avoid future problems.

Last edited:

Elizabeth R.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. The problem was the wick in the Res Up feeder. The string had totally degraded. Replaced it and no problems since.

I do spray paint the tanks, they're just due to be spray painted again - that's why they look like that. :) Thank you for the tips though.

ditttohead

Reaction score
Thanks so much, that is a unique design but the wick is not going to last too long... how long did it last? The feeder is cheap so it would simply be considered a consumable item and should be replaced regularly.

Elizabeth R.

Reaction score
It lasted a little over 4 years. It was installed in March of 2013. Now that I have a better understanding of how it works, I'll definitely keep an eye on it in the future. Thanks again for all of your help! :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks