Perforated down spout tubing

Users who are viewing this thread

marc5688

Reaction score
I have been landscaping for some time now, and it has come into question as whether to use perforated corrugated tubing or tubing that does not have the perforated holes?

I am burrying the down spouts for my customer with perf tubes and the irrigation company on site has voiced their concerns on the type of tubing that I am using.

I have used perf tubes for years with no problems

Any opionions, either way

Marc

Mr_Pike

Reaction score
I see it both ways all over.

There are arguments for both. If you have trouble with water in your basements in the area, then I would personally install the non perforated version. If you have decent drainage, the perforated version won't hold the stagnant water and tends not to clog in that late winter early spring freeze thaw time. Tell the homeowner you will use what he prefers, but explain why you use what you do, and that different contractors use different stuff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks