Pentair Wellmate HP-7 tank

Users who are viewing this thread

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
At first I wanted to buy replacement parts for my existing HP-7.
https://www.pentair.com/en/products...lmate-tank-accessories-replacement-parts.html

I contacted Pentair and they said parts were available in Canada. My dealer claims they are not. I searched online and found a dealer in BC that said they could get me parts.

I've since had second thoughts, worried that when I try to take my 20 year old HP-7 apart that something breaks so I decided to get a complete new HP-7 and then try to rebuild the old one. I ask my local dealer to quote me a new HP-7 and he claims they cannot be found at any of the seven Canadian distributors he contacted. I reached out to the one on BC but have yet to get confirmation. Such is life in Canada... sigh

Worst case I might have to buy one from the US.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I think any tank with a replaceable bladder has a replaceable bladder for a reason. The way replaceable bladders fit means they are going to need to be replaced often.

VAWellDriller

Reaction score
I think any tank with a replaceable bladder has a replaceable bladder for a reason. The way replaceable bladders fit means they are going to need to be replaced often.
HP stands for hydro pneumatic.....and I guess he is looking for the internal avc.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I think any tank with a replaceable bladder has a replaceable bladder for a reason...
The HP-7 does not have a bladder the HP in the name stands for Hydro Pneumatic. It has an internal AVC.
1544720471290.jpg

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I guess he is looking for the internal avc.
I replaced the AVC some time ago so that I could have the luxury of time to soak the old one in Iron Out and keep it for a spare.

My problem now is the inlet port at the base of the tank has constricted with iron buildup. I would need to remove it and soak it in Iron Out but would not have any running water for however long it takes. I also fear I might break something and be SOL.
contentonly.jpg

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I reached out to the one on BC but have yet to get confirmation. Such is life in Canada... sigh

OK, so it is going on two weeks now and still waiting. Is Pentair that unpopular in Canada? Even in the US I got only one hit (propumpsales.com) when searching by part number. Is it also unpopular in the US? Nobody reading this sells the Wellmate HP-7 tank?

When I try using their "where to buy" link, it never returns anything regardless of what address I tried.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
No body wants to sell parts. They don't make much money and you might ask for help, which they can't do. Want to buy a new tank you will probably have many choices. :)

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
No body wants to sell parts. They don't make much money and you might ask for help, which they can't do. Want to buy a new tank you will probably have many choices. :)
You need to work on your reading comprehension. I want to buy a complete tank as well as a variety of parts.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Cary, I quoted the relevant bit here.
At first I wanted to buy replacement parts for my existing HP-7.
https://www.pentair.com/en/products...lmate-tank-accessories-replacement-parts.html

I contacted Pentair and they said parts were available in Canada. My dealer claims they are not. I searched online and found a dealer in BC that said they could get me parts.

I've since had second thoughts, worried that when I try to take my 20 year old HP-7 apart that something breaks so I decided to get a complete new HP-7 and then try to rebuild the old one. I ask my local dealer to quote me a new HP-7 and he claims they cannot be found at any of the seven Canadian distributors he contacted. I reached out to the one on BC but have yet to get confirmation. Such is life in Canada... sigh

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
This is the TL;DR epidemic we are plagued with since the era of Twitter and texting. One can no longer write more than a single sentence and have it read. Sigh...

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
This time of year I am answering 50-70 questions a day. I skim through a lot of stuff, sorry. I figured you found a tank and was just looking for parts. But I searched HP7 and see what you mean. Limited places to find them. I found a HP9 on eBay, but not much else.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Thank Cary and sorry for venting on you. If it were not for the height restriction in my crawlspace, I would opt for another model or brand. My local dealer could only come up with a taller tank and suggested I cut a hole in the concrete floor to partially bury the tank but then I would not be able to gravity drain it.

Pentair too suffers this TL;DR affliction as I asked them two questions, and they only answered the first question.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I would not be averse to getting the HP-8SQ model which is a 40 gallon, 21 inch diameter and 35 inches tall but nobody as offered it as an alternative.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I am not having any luck with finding a new tank. Even getting parts is hard. One supplier came back with an insane price and a 4 week lead time on order. The price for the ports in the bottom of the tank went from $40 to $200!!! At that price, I will try to clean the old one.

I might have a local source for some used tanks. Another local water guy has converted over a lot of customers from Hp tank/micronizer to a system that uses the backwash high flow rate to gulp in air. He says I have way too much iron for such a system and that what I have would work better if I had more contact time.

If I can get my hands on a second tank I will use one as an HP tank and the other one downstream without air in it as a contact tank.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
From what I gather, Pentair has priced the Wellmate line out of the market to where nobody will stock it. Looks like they upped the prices for replacement parts too. I was looking for price and availability on the Tee/drain assembly (part #CH10991-1) back in December and was seeing them listed under $40. I asked a Canadian supplier for a refreshed quote, and it jumped up to $200. That is insane. If someone has new old stock they can sell me at a reasonable price, hit me up with a PM.

My hopes are now pinned on getting used parts that I can recondition. The local guy I mentioned thinks he has one but a bird in the hand is worth several in the bush.

When I bought my HP-7 originally, my dealer glued in a reducing bushing and 1" threaded nipple. I want to increase the inlet and outlet now to the original 1-1/4" slip. If I cannot find a replacement Tee that has 1-1/4" outlet, my only choice is to try to ream out the reducing bushing which is risky if it goes wrong and I don't have a replacement.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
If I cannot find a replacement Tee that has 1-1/4" outlet, my only choice is to try to ream out the reducing bushing which is risky if it goes wrong and I don't have a replacement.
Figuring that I would not find the needed size reamer, I went looking on YouTube for DIY alternatives and came across the following video where the author used heat to unglue the joint.

Reach4

Reaction score
That looked awfully easy. I hope your bushing goes like that.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
My hopes are now pinned on getting used parts that I can recondition. The local guy I mentioned thinks he has one
I know this is an old thread but I neglected to update how I got on. My local water guy came through for me and sold me a used tank along with the bottom for my existing tank and a couple of AVCs. We shortened up the AVC on the second tank so that it will hold more water (contact tank) and it will also remove air that moves forward from the first (HP) tank.
10-18-46-48.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks