Pentair Big White Filter Housings

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
I have Pentair Big Blue filter housings. Mine use 4.5 x 20 cartridges, that are very available in many types. They don't have a built in bypass. I see now that Pentair has the Big White filters, which do have the bypass.
https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...pass/310925-pentair-bigwbypass-rev-c-de17.pdf
bigwhite2.jpg

I see a 244994 BWB-UB-KIT Bracket listed. It is not the same mounting system that hangs the Big Blue housings from four 5/16 x 1 inch lag bolts from above. It may be the pipes that will carry the weight, but I don't know.
ub1.jpg

I presume the 20 inch and 10 inch use the same upper part, but use a different sump. I wonder if the sumps are compatible with Big Blue sumps.

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I am a Pentair dealer and I still have not sold one of the filters with bypass. It is a fairly nice design and yes, it hangs the filter from the pipes.

Lee_Leses

Reaction score
LOL REACH4!

Just seeing this now, and I want this bracket in addition to the pipes. It's NOT included with the housing. LOL

dittohead have you sold any of these housings yet and do you stock the bracket? :)

The list price of the bracket is like $42!

Two regular pipe hangers, one on each side, may be better and also cheaper?

There aren't any retaining bolts on the top of the Big White's w/ bypass, like there are 4 retention bolts on top of the Big Blue housings.

An interesting design change...

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks