Pegasus sink model discontinued?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lykele

Reaction score
My wife and I went back to Home Depot to purchase a Pegasus 33" single bowl kitchen sink. This is the black granite composite. However, none was on display, Home Depot could order no more and I was told the sink has been discontinued.

Other styles such as double bowl were for sale, but only this model was discontinued. Could this be because it is a slow mover or possible problem? I would call Pegasus, but can't find a number. Even if I could scour the HD's in this area and still find a leftover, I'm beginning to have some real doubts.

Any thoughts?

Thanks. Jim

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Pegasus is what ever "lot" they bought from someone hard up.
Haven't you noticed that Pegasus has never had a real web site with documentation?
It's like a flea market.

If you want something with pdf files and backup documentation after the sale, you have to go with a real company.
I can't tell you how many times over the years, I've tried to list a working web address for Pegasus, it always becomes a blank page.
Good luck on your flea market shopping. Sometimes you can get a good deal, but don't expect help after the sale.
Have you noticed that HD doesn't even carry parts for their own house brand?
They do for Moen and Delta.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
We have covered this many times before. Store BRANDS are not companies. In HD, Glacier Bay and Pegasus faucets are made mostly by Globe Union Industrial in china, but some are made by Paini in italy. Glacier Bay porcelain...sinks,toilets....are made by Foremost in china. Those sinks...I don't know who is the maker.
It is just like in Costco, you have Kirkland brand. In sears, you have Kenmore brand. Fergusons has ProFlow Plumbing products. None of those are COMPANIES, they are brand labels applied to a product so it will appear to be an exclusive.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Kirkland was the city where the first Costco was built. It's about five miles South of me.
Whenever I think of Kirkland, I think of the sleepy little town on Lake Washington.
I worked a few blocks from water when I was just out of High School in a bicycle shop there.

I installed some Grohe faucets that were purchased through Costco. Of the two fancy lav faucets, one had a defective valve stem and of the others that I could use, I had to flat file the top of the stems before I could make the handles attach. I don't know what "grade" those faucets where, but if that''s how all Grohe faucets where, I would never install another one. I just assumed that Costco picked up some product that wasn't good enough for the plumbing supplies.

I tried to google the Pegasus web site and couldn't find it listed.
Why are they so hard to find?

I won't install Costco disposers anymore. The inlet for the dishwasher connection is too small and the air gaps leak all over the countertops. That, and they weigh about 8 ounces, can they make them any cheaper?

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?23136-Costco-Titan-Premium-Food-Waste-Disposer

Last edited:

Skip Reedy

Reaction score
I have several gold Pegasus faucets in my house. A vanity faucet started dripping. I'm not a plumber. I'm an engineer who likes to fix things. I went to Ace and got a valve cartridge. The cold side still dripped. I went to two plumbing supply stores. They couldn't identify the manufacturer, but suspected the valve body was the problem. I looked on line and found Pegasus was barely there. No help at all. I found out Home Depot carried Pegasus. Two of their experts finally found an HD help desk for identifying plumbing parts. They got a Pegasus tech support man to help me. He sent me incorrect parts (stem cartridges). He said the faucets were out of production and that I had destroyed the parts because I disassembled them.
The HD store manager tried to help. I searched on line and found nothing. I went to another plumbing supply store. Tried more stem cartridges, I have six now. [By the way, I may have the terms wrong since everyone used different words.] I hired a local plumber who gave up searching.
At this point, I had been searching for two and a half months. During an online search, I came across North Shore Faucets, in Morton Grove Illinois.. https://northshorefaucets.com/
Their website said they were good at identifying and finding parts. I called and talked to the owner, Aaron Kaiser. I described the valve body I was looking for and sent him a picture. I got my thread gauge out. We counted and measured. He said he thinks he has what I'm looking for. He said he'd send it to me. If it's right, I can pay him. If not, send it back. It took a while. I don't yet know where he found it. I have a call in to him. It arrived yesterday. I put it in last night. NO DRIP!!!!
I decided I needed to do something for him. How can I thank the man for doing what no one else was able to do? He is amazing!
A lot of people tried to help me. I'm thankful for them. There's more to this story, but this is the gist of it.
When I ran across this forum, I knew this is how I can thank him.
Thank you Aaron.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks