Pegasus Shower Cartridge Removal

Users who are viewing this thread

rev12

Reaction score
Hi,

My shower has had a slow week for a number of days and i am having pegasus send me a new cartridge which i believe is the problem. The problem i am having is that i have removed all the parts i think that need to be removed but cannot get the cartridge out. I have included a picture of the cartridge. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

cartridge.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It looks like it should just pull out, but we do not know what you have removed so far, so we do not know if something you removed held it in, or if the retainer is still there "somewhere".

rev12

Reaction score
I removed the sleeve surrounding the cartridge as well as a red cap piece that was fitted around the white piece of the cartridge. I don't see any retainer pin to pull out. so i'm kind of stumped.

rev12

Reaction score
ahhh ok. thanks. will try and report back. i had unscrewed only the top piece of the retainer then i guess. would make sense the rest of it would unscrew out of there.

rev12

Reaction score
i did get some more info with updated pictures as to what i have already taken off. The shower unit is a Glacier Bay Lyndhurst 1-Handle Tub and Shower Faucet in Brushed Nickel

Shower 3.jpgShower 1.jpgShower 4.jpgShower 5.jpgso i was not able as of yet to remove the cartridge.

rev12

Reaction score
I guess my question would be. Does the piece that has threads screw out of there? or does the whole assembly screw out from all the back where it meets the pipes?

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
I would try a strap wrench on the nickel sleeve surrounding the cartridge. They're two different materials(sleeve and brass rough in) and have to separate somehow.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That "threaded thing" has "flats" on the sides so you can use a wrench to unscrew it. Just unscrew it and pull the cartridge out, as you were told previously.

rev12

Reaction score
i got the threaded piece off last night. was just on their tightly and i was afraid of doing something wrong. i used a wrench on the flat side of the threaded piece and it came right off. thanks for the help

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks