Pegasus Pressure Balance Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

lmduty

Reaction score
I just installed one of these..(pegasus 9000. shower. PBV) . by one of the posts I read, maybe not such a good idea but I am trying to work with it. I have plenty of water pressure but cant seem to get it hot.. water is lukewarm at best. There are adjustments on each side of the valve which I assume are supposed to restrict one side or the other but only effect seems to be cutting off all of the water the water.. little change to water temperature.

Directions said incoming water pressure must be the same? how can I tell if thats the case? what could I do anyway?

Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

The pressure balancing unit takes care of any pressure difference, and the two valve are ONLY for shutting off the water when repairing the valve. There is a temperature limiting device somewhere under the handle to control how far the handle rotates and thus how hot the water gets.

lmduty

Reaction score
Problem solved!

That was it.. simple when you know what to look for. Guess it would have helped if I hadn't lost the instructions.

Thanks for the help, and apologies to Pegasus for the cursing... so far it seems the items that I have bought are a good value. (Shower faucet & roman tub faucet with hand sprayer)

Thank again.. this is a great resource!

(From a do-it-yourselfer who occasionally gets lost!)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks