Peerless P6919LF Kitchen Faucet Install Ignorance-Confused Me

Users who are viewing this thread

Snorp

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello to all and my thanks for what you do.

I'm installing the subject faucet and have ran into something I don't know how to 'fix'.

Instructions say to insert the shank with the notch facing forward. Low light level and cramped space made this problematic - did the best I could. Checked the movement of the lever before trying to tighten the faucet to the deck. Movement appeared to be balanced between the left and right rotation. Slid the gasket and washer up and finger tightened the nut (as tight as I could with my fingers) - wife held the shank in place so it wouldn't rotate. Tightened the two screws that were attached to the nut (too tight?). Inspected the results. Shank was in the same position - hadn't rotated. However, the handle could rotate about ninety degrees or so counterclockwise but essentially wouldn't rotate clockwise at all. Only cold water would flow.

Both the gasket and washer had a V shaped notch but the instructions didn't mention anything about the notches.

I'm also providing a photo of the tight space that surrounds the hole and nut. If the nut needs to be tightened more than 'finger tight' I'd appreciate a suggestion as to what type of tool would be suitable.

All comments are welcome - and appreciated.

Regards,

Andy Fern

Faucet nut.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The shank orientation should only be an aesthetic. In that it centers the faucet to orient in the midpoint of hot and cold to face the front/center of the sink and user. It could function just fine rotated any number of degrees but it would look and operate out of norm. That positioning that you did sounds just fine and the way you tightened it sounds fine too.. the screws do the work of holding the faucet in place.

Are you certain that you have both angle stops turned on? Only some extreme over rotating where the supply hoses in the faucet get twisted would cause water not to flow if everything else is normal.

Snorp

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
The shank orientation should only be an aesthetic. In that it centers the faucet to orient in the midpoint of hot and cold to face the front/center of the sink and user. It could function just fine rotated any number of degrees but it would look and operate out of norm. That positioning that you did sounds just fine and the way you tightened it sounds fine too.. the screws do the work of holding the faucet in place.

Are you certain that you have both angle stops turned on? Only some extreme over rotating where the supply hoses in the faucet get twisted would cause water not to flow if everything else is normal.

Thank you Mr. Tuttle.

When I posted this thread I was sure that both stops were turned on - I had just been tightening up the connections. I Was Wrong. The water is flowing just fine now.

Currently, when the handle is in the clockwise - left - position, it is in line with the 'water flow' portion of the faucet (or, both the 'water flow' portion and the handle are pointing perpendicular to the back of the sink. When the handle is rotated counterclockwise, the handle points toward the rear of the sink - with what I'm calling the 'water flow' portion of the faucet. As you might say - functioning just fine but 'out of norm'.

I'm not sure of the best way to proceed to get it to a norm condition. But just tinkering with it might work given a bit of time. The V notches in the gasket and washer still puzzle me - I suspect they might be the key to getting back to norm. I need to do some more inspection of the shaft and start 'tinkering' - maybe.

I appreciate your response. It's caused me to look at this from a slightly different perspective.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks