Pedicure and Nail salon water heater requirements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Further South of me Taylor's GF is setting up a nail salon. I'm trying to get more information on what they need for hot water on an hourly basis.

So far I'm hearing eight chairs and two sinks. Whatever that mean in terms of water.
They have standard 240 at the panel now.
The place she worked at before had a 75 gallon gas. I asked about gas there and got a no.
The person doing the work there doesn't speak English, so that kind of rules out me calling and talking to him. The GF of Taylor's hasn't given a gallon amount needed, so giving advice and helping her out with the purchase is a little tough.

Reach4

Reaction score
From what I read, a pedicure tub is about 8 to 20 gallons. Some shops are bragging that they don't use pedicure tubs, saying they get a better result without soaking.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/pedicure-chair-plumbing-questions.36250/

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/pedicure-spa-chairs-plumbing-help.26744/

index.php

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Girlfriend? Well I just imagine she'll have at least six water heaters in series installed by next Christmas. What was that question again?

IWannaBeYours1

Reaction score
I'm only going to open my own nail salon in the future, and so far, I can't give you an exact answer because I don't know anything in this area yet. But I can ask a few of my friends who own such businesses, and they will already be able to give you an exact answer. By the way, they often visit this forum :) In the meantime, I want to take a nail tech course at this beauty school -- nwcollege.edu. After that, I will be interested in how to open my own nail salon, and my dream will come true; finally, I have been going to this for about 5 years, accumulating money and gaining experience and knowledge.

Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
I have rewired them for simultaneous operation. How you do it is different with 3 phase compared to single phase.
Need to see a diagram how u would wired them for simultaneous operation and the type of 3 phase and voltage before answering your question. Why have six heaters in series and what gallon capacity? They make 3 phase heaters in 208,240 & 480 volt.

Reach4

Reaction score
Need to see a diagram how u would wired them for simultaneous operation and the type of 3 phase and voltage before answering your question. Why have six heaters in series and what gallon capacity? They make 3 phase heaters in 208,240 & 480 volt.
Post #5 was a joke.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks