Pedestal Sink Mounting Bracket

Users who are viewing this thread

RL1964

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I purchased a WaterRidge (which I think is made by Danze) pedestal sink from Costco a couple of years and either did not get mounting brackets or lost them. I cannot for the life of me find anything! Home Depot has nothing and I cannot find anything on the Net, even at the "large" plumbing supply sites. It seems like such a simple part! Doesn't anyone make generic ones that fit multiple sink manufacturers? UGH!:)

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Some pedestal sinks do not come with mounting brackets. They rely on the pedestal leg and 2 - 3/4" holes behind the sink (if it has any). The 2 holes behind the sink would be for bolts to lag into the wall.

Check the design of your pedestal sink to see if this is the case

RL1964

Reaction score
I wouldn't really call them "holes" per se. They are more elongated "slits" I'd call them... I don't even see how a bolt head would fit through...

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It may be tough to take this but buying plumbing fixtures from Big Orange or, Blue Box would be a quantum leap in quality over what you will find at Costco.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
holes

The "bolt head" does not go through them. The bolt, or lag screw, goes through the opening and the bolt head stays outside with a washer between it and the sink.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Picture a lag bolt shaft with a machine screw threaded shaft on the other end (no head, just shaft). You use two nuts, tighten them up against each other, screw the lag bolt end into wood blocking in the wall, then take the nuts off, slip the shaft through the hole in the sink, install a washer, lock washer, and nut on the shaft to tighten it up. SOmetimes they are called a hanger bolt. Pick a pair up at any good hardware store in various thicknesses. Sometimes you can find them at a big box store. Obviously, get one that will fit through the slot in the sink. If you don't have something solid in the wall to anchor it to, you should tear up the wall and install some.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Here is a pic of a hanger bolt.

Screw the bolt into the wall, place the sink so that the holes line up with the bolt, then place your washers and nut.

Attachments

• HBPC.gif
    HBPC.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 4,112
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks