Pedestal sink in new home- supply lines through floor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
But it also doesn't specify that they'll come out of the wall, or "at appropriate locations for use with ***X Pedestal Sink model ***xx to be installed", or we wouldn't be having this conversation; you'd be holding the contract in his face with your finger on the words. That leaves it up to the builder/plumber to decide details.

Show me a cut sheet on any sink where it shows the water lines coming out of the floor, you won't find one. Without exception the rough in specs from every manufacturer recommends they come out of the wall. The only circumstance it is ever considered acceptable to come out of the floor is in a cabinet where they are hidden. In a spec house the contractor may get away with it (depending on the general) but in a custom house there is no way the plumber should expect to be able to come trough the floor on a wall mount or pedestal sink.

TedL

Reaction score
Show me a cut sheet on any sink where it shows the water lines coming out of the floor, you won't find one. Without exception the rough in specs from every manufacturer recommends they come out of the wall. The only circumstance it is ever considered acceptable to come out of the floor is in a cabinet where they are hidden. In a spec house the contractor may get away with it (depending on the general) but in a custom house there is no way the plumber should expect to be able to come trough the floor on a wall mount or pedestal sink.

Agreed, if the contract specifies a particular pedestal sink, the specs for that sink would be part of the contract by reference. The OP's problem is that the GC has already given them a TS reply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks