Park quick disconnect fittings

Users who are viewing this thread

petepdx

Reaction score
I've getting close to start putting together all the parts for my little project. Inside will be a 'place holder' for a CSV (couple unions spaced for a future CSV1A, pressure tank, air/water mix tank, and an iron removal Fleck/tank.

Except for the 1" PE pipe from the well that is so nicely inside the concrete floor and the cast brass tank tee on the pressure tank, everything is PVC 40/80 and 304/316 Stainless.

The site will be going through some extensive rebuilding, hence the location of all the above may have to moved out of the way from time to time.

To the question. Has anyone used and has comments on using Park quick disconnect fittings ? I don't want to make it look like I'm plugging any seller but if you put "Park QD fittings -parker" in a Google Images search the first few show them. I've also seen them called SDI fittings.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I use quick connect fittings like that on small water lines in the plant all the time. They work well except they can accidentally come loose from vibration or if someone steps on it. Unions are the more common way to quick disconnect and less likely to come apart.

petepdx

Reaction score
Was just thinking of using them at the tank head and the Fleck. Outside of that a strong believer in unions, specially if the design is PVC based. One issue is watching out for places solids can get trapped but not really an issue in this use.

Thanks

-pete

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks