Packer stuck when reinserting

Users who are viewing this thread

Willp48

Reaction score
So my well is about 80 feet deep and I was having a issue getting pressure out of the pump so I pulled Pulled my packer out to inspect. It came out pretty easy until the last 6 feet or so and I accidentally broke the pipe and it fell about 35 feet down the pipe. I was able to invent a tool and successfully fished it out. Cleaned the packer and installed fresh leather. Got it around 45 feet in and seems to have stopped solid. I dont want to pull it up and ruin the new leather but not sure how to proceed. Any advice would be much appreciated

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If it won't go down there is only one other way to try. Sometimes looking at the leathers you tore up will help you figure out what they are hanging up on.

Reach4

Reaction score
Cleaned the packer and installed fresh leather.
Did you soak the leathers? I have not done it, but people seem to mention soaking. There are others that say no need to soak. I don't know.

Last edited:

Willp48

Reaction score
So finally got the pipe all the way in the hole now I'm having and issue where the inner pipe is full of water but I cant seem to get the outer casing to fill all the way. Project is quickly turning into a nightmare ugh.

Willp48

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think I may have a broken or cracked casing. Are any of these Amazon 2 inch submersible pumps worth it? I'm in a tight spot and there really isn't a way for me to have a new well drilled. Some of them show 4 gallons per minute but wasnt sure if that would be enough. The people that sold us this house really got us good :(

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Never seen a 2" pump that would build any pressure. You maybe able to use one to fill a cistern and then use a booster pump to draw from the cistern to supply water to the house. See if you can find someone with a camera to put down the well. No deeper than that even a plumber should have a camera that will go in pipe that far. If there is enough water in the well you maybe able to set the packer above the broken spot.

Willp48

Reaction score
So update had a well company come out. They tried to pull the packer back out and couldn't. Snapped everything off trying to get it out. Now looking at trying to knock it all the way down into the aquifer and hope there's enough room to put a new packer down. He also said I could change it to a airlift system for about 3k because the casing may have an issue but didnt know if that was a good option.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks