Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no sir, stay away

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

hardlyever

Reaction score
Hi all. New to posting, so please excuse any non-standard behaviour. My question is this. I am renovating my bathroom. As part of the new design, I want my contractor to install a bottle trap under our wall mounted sink, as opposed to the standard p-trap. He is unfamiliar with bottle traps and wonders if bottle traps meet current code in ontario. Any info here that I may pass on to him to ease his apprehension, or to put a kaibash on the whole thing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

hardlyever

k-9033.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hardlyever

Reaction score
I don't understand something here. I just found 7 for sale at home depot Canada, like this one,
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/p-trap-and-pop-up-drain-chrome/840272. It's called a p-trap, but it looks a bottle trap, so maybe it's my terminology that's wrong. But the trap shown at that link is what I'm looking to have installed, and assume that it meets code or there wouldn't be so many available at a Canadian retailer. Thoughts?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Home Depot sells a lot of non-code product. It drives inpectors nuts.
However, the plumbers know enough not to use products that get turned down on inspections.

It does make me laugh though that so many people think that Home Depot cares about plumbing codes. They care about money.

hardlyever

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I spoke at length with another Canadian plumber who advised me that the type of trap I am considering is indeed up to code. So, right now I'm stuck with he-said he-said. I appreciate the help either way.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Regardless, it's a pretty simple thing to install, or change out. If you have a problem with it, it's just two slip joint nuts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks