P trap in confined basement rough in box diy

Users who are viewing this thread

dw1399

Reaction score
I assume with a horizontal 2" pipe coming in, the builder has not put a p trap in the basement rough in. I purchased a 2" p trap from my local big box store. I cant seen to configure it to get it to where my shower drain hole is. Is there a "shorter" p trap version available or an alternative I can use? If not I will need to chip out the concrete (hammer drill maybe?) and make more room.

The 2" vertical coming up to my shower will need to be just about right in the middle of the box.

Thanks in advance-

Attachments

• IMG_20160321_223637880.jpg
    IMG_20160321_223637880.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 381

Plumber01

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need to "swing" the trap. It swivels.

Cutting the drain as close to the concrete as possible and offsetting the drain with a 45 or 22 might do the trick in addition to swinging the trap.

If those options dont work for you, which they should, you could dig up a lot of that dirt and tunnel back downstream about 6" and cut the pipe under the slab.

dw1399

Reaction score
I'm aware the elbow turns but still couldn't' get it lined up.

I'll try those plumber01, thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks