P-Trap for claw foot tub on 2nd flr.

Users who are viewing this thread

basicbob101

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been looking for information on how to put a p trap for a clawfoot tub on the 2nd floor of my 1908 home. No room between tub and floor, not accessible from 1st floor...would have to put it under floor between beams but that would be covered by new flooring and inaccessable....the orig had some sort of lead gismo that had been chewed into by a rat sometime in the past. Can i just put a perm p trap between floors and hope it never get clogged? appreciate any input or advice. thanxz bob

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Most tub traps are not accessible after inital construction. Tub drains get cleared with a snake through the overflow.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Really! I have lots in my cabinets..... :)

We talking tubs here. Not lavs.

A claw foot tub has the p-trap below the floor. If you are using a slip joint waste and overflow, the theads are about at floor level which puts the slip joint nut accessible from above.
Snaking is through the overflow.

clawfoot_2217.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote;
ALL tub "P" traps go under the floor. And any COMPETENT plumber could unplug any stoppage without access to the "P" trap.
Really! I have lots in my cabinets.

That must mean you have lots of tubs ON TOP of your cabinets which seems really weird.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks