p trap configuration / interferance problem questions

Users who are viewing this thread

mrJoshua

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Im installing a bathroom in the upstairs of a very very old farm house, the shower drain (2 inch PVC) is tight enough to a main support beam that it would end up very crooked if I dropped it low enough to do a normal p trap... there are 8 inches of room between the floor and the beam that I have to work with in which I can easily put a "normal" p trap. my question is if I put a sanitary tee right after the solvent weld ptrap outlet with the top of the tee being a 1 1/2 vent (through the ceiling to the vent stack) is it ok to then drop the other 8 inches to a long sweep elbow and then 2 feet at 1/2 drop to my drain pipe? the picture is very rough but you may get the idea from it

thanks to all that help!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 478

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You look ok with the drain, but your pic shows the vent going horizontal, and that is not ok. No part of the vent can be less than 45 deg. before being 42" above the floor

mrJoshua

Reaction score
thank you so much for the info,
so if I go up and over with a 45 deg. elbow right out of the tee and then to another 45 deg elbow that will go straight vertical it should pass the inspection? I can do that :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks