P Trap at 90 Degrees to Shower?

Users who are viewing this thread

MTDIY

Reaction score
Wondering if a P trap can be installed after taking a 90 - the p trap exists only about 3 inches from where the 90 exists, and the drain slope exceeds 1/4 inch/foot. I also have a sink plumbed into the system above the shower, this has its own p trap, a vent between where the shower comes in and the sink, and also runs about 1/4inch/foot. I've attached a VERY CRUDE photo of what i'm taking about.

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 506

MTDIY

Reaction score
Thanks hj- off to the right on the drawing (this isn't indicated) but there is a washer and utility sink drain that comes in, hence the other vent, in this configuration is the 2 traps alright or does the trap not serve its purpose? What's the disadvantage of installing this way?

Reaction score
Your diagram shows a U-trap, which is something normally used for sewer mains only with two cleanouts on the tops of the U.

Without being on-site to see your rooms and floors, it's hard to talk about an optimal layout for you.

It may be a good idea if you can post some pics of all significant rooms, you can use colors post-it's on walls to make references as you write about it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks