Over analyzing Toilet Choice - what do I do? round bowl, comfort height.

Users who are viewing this thread

OldRadio99

Reaction score
Bathroom remodel from hell in the Chicago area :mad:

After reading here and elsewhere, I had narrowed my choice to one of these:

Toto Drake - Except taller only comes in elongated and due to space, round is preferred.

Eljer Titan - actually found Titan's at ******* (local big box) in a tall round but then read here that there are problems sealing, that the lid is not a tight fit and that the tank was too far forward and the seal will not stay up. Also think I read that the tank is farther away from the wall.

I do know that I want a 3" valve for maximum flushing.

What would you do if you were me?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Either will work. If you go with the Titan, use the Fluidmaster waxless seal.

If you pull both toilets from their boxes, the Toto will look more finished off. I never sold many Titans when they were both inspected side by side.

OldRadio99

Reaction score
Either will work. If you go with the Titan, use the Fluidmaster waxless seal.

If you pull both toilets from their boxes, the Toto will look more finished off. I never sold many Titans when they were both inspected side by side.

I appreciate the advice but the Toto does not come in a round tall which is a problem for me.

Any other suggestions for a round tall?

fluidmaster_on_toilet.jpg

If you use the Fluidmaster waxless seal, push it onto the bottom of the bowl first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Toto Dalton CST733F, which I normally sell for $185.00
Round bowl, comfort height.
I found it to work better than the Kohler Cimarron, and about equal to the Titan in my home.
I don't know why I never sold more of them.
I did sell two of the elongared bowls to my brother on Whidbey Island and one to my brother in Deer Park.
In Seattle, some homes have tiny bathrooms, and older people. It works well there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks