Outside shower drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Cpeters

In the Trades
Reaction score
Going forward outside showers in our town need to be hooked up to the sewer lines. Doesn't make much sense putting sand into the sewer system, but that's what they want. I'll need a trap with drain plug to drain in the winter and get the sand out. Where and how high must the vent stack go? Can stacks have U/return fittings to keep rain water out? My dry well has worked fine for
as long as I had it and the soil is 99% sand.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I can see them wanting soap going into the sewer system and not the ground to keep the well water systems clean.
Venting the p-trap you could use a U fitting or not. How much water would ever find it's way into a 1.5" round vent? Your shower pan that collects the water from showering is much larger.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks