Outdoor Sink Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Aaronc1976

Reaction score
I have a question regarding an outdoor sink for my outdoor kitchen installation. The drain line was run from the outdoor sink area back to the house where it connects to a sump pump and discharges into the interior kitchen's drain line. That is all connected.

At the outdoor sink area the drain line was stubbed up in the middle of the island which happens to be directly beneath the sink's drain leaving no room to install AAV. Am I allowed to 45 the stub up backwards toward the back of the island so AAV can be installed properly? I need it to pass inspection and really wanted to take a crack at this myself. All the local plumbers want like close to $500 to install the sink and make the drain connection.

I am in California if it is helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I attached pic to help with a visual.

PXL_20220112_183220426.jpg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
You can 45 or use a normal 90 down low, and a upturned long sweep 90 to get back cleaner.
Calif Plumbing Code does not (last time I checked) allow AAVs but often inspectors should allow in case like yours. Have you got approval for using AAV already?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks