Outdoor shower valves

Users who are viewing this thread

Zimm0who0net

Reaction score
So I'm wanting to put in an outdoor shower next to a CMU retaining wall I'm currently building. Most of the ones I've seen have simple individual valves for hot and cold. Like this:
11708-45-angle.jpg

How does this not violate IRC P2708.4 (the code requiring pressure balancing mixing valves, etc). I don't see an exception for outdoor showers, yet I see these things EVERYWHERE down here in southern arizona.

Anyway, I have to say I like the rustic look of the photo above (not sure I'd do it wall ball valves though), but I also don't want to violate code as this will be inspected. If it comes to having to follow P2708.4, does anyone know of a mixing valve that's not ugly and doesn't cost insane money? (believe it or not, the one pictured above costs $1500). I'm thinking I could whip something together with some Type L copper and some elbows that looks basically the same.

Oh, and as I mentioned I am stacking the CMU retaining wall now, so theoretically I could run the plumbing inside the wall and maybe put some sort of recessed mixing valve in. That's not my preference, but spending $1500 is also not my preference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks