"Otho" toilet from Luxury Modern Home?

Users who are viewing this thread

Catmommie

Reaction score
My first post. My bathroom is a tiny one, and I need a small toilet to fit into it (and still allow me to close the door). I like the look of the Kohler Rialto, but reviews of its performance are pretty dismal. I found a series of toilets named after Roman emperors--which made me giggle a lot--produced by "LuxuryModernHome.com." Their "Otho" and "Galba" models are 24" in length, which would be perfect for my tiny space, but there are no reviews and no discussion regarding their merits anywhere on the interwebs.

Does anyone know anything about this series, or the manufacturer? I like the design, but I'm wary of purchasing without any reviews. I really need a toilet that is, at most, 25".

Joan
"Catmommie"

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Kohler toilets don't have many supporters on this forum. You can do a lot better. Toto has many models to chose from, all of them perform well. I'm not a professional plumber, but in my 4 years or so of lurking on this forum, I have never heard of the brand or models you name. Toto is the largest manufacturer of toilets in the world, and their quality is the gold standard of the industry. I would suggest you go to the "Toilet Review" link at the top of this page. Then select "Shopping" followed by "Toto" toilets. You then can scroll through the many Toto models and check their individual specifications. I am quite confident you can find one than will work for you. Toto's are not always stocked by supply houses, but plumbers can order them. I believe Terry had a Will Call arrangement in the LA area at one time, but I don't know if that is still current. I just checked, and the LA will call is still in effect.

Last edited:

Catmommie

Reaction score
Kohler toilets don't have many supporters on this forum. You can do a lot better. Toto has many models to chose from, all of them perform well. I'm not a professional plumber, but in my 4 years or so of lurking on this forum, I have never heard of the brand or models you name. Toto is the largest manufacturer of toilets in the world, and their quality is the gold standard of the industry. I would suggest you go to the "Toilet Review" link at the top of this page. Then select "Shopping" followed by "Toto" toilets. You then can scroll through the many Toto models and check their individual specifications. I am quite confident you can find one than will work for you. Toto's are not always stocked by supply houses, but plumbers can order them. I believe Terry had a Will Call arrangement in the LA area at one time, but I don't know if that is still current. I just checked, and the LA will call is still in effect.

Thanks very much. The fact that I hadn't heard of the company and found no reviews anywhere made me nervous. I will search through the reviews and look at Toto's products. I suspect that I'm going to have to have my door rehung to swing out, rather than in; that will give me a lot more choices to work with.

Joan
(Catmommie)

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Another way to deal with those pesky doors is quite a bit more work, but is space saving, is a pocket door. This eliminates the door swinging out or in. Might be worth investigating the cost and etc..

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can get sliding door hardware for a pocket, where it slides into the wall, or along the wall like a barn door. The hassle with a pocket door is you may have electrical or water in the wall pocket where you want to slide the door. This can be worked around, but if you don't have a good layout, it can be messy. I was able to do it in my bath, and find it very useful to open up the space - no need to block out an area for door swing - no chance of getting knocked by someone opening it, either. They do make locks for the things as well, if that's of interest. You might look at a wall hung toilet, but what you'd gain (potentially) over one with a stock tank, might be taken up with the fact you need a thicker wall behind it to handle the in-wall tank, and you don't necessarily gain much as the structure at the back is often nearly the same as that used to hold the tank on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks