Other concealed skirt toilets and using the Toto unifit on them

Users who are viewing this thread

rhea

Reaction score
Hi!
I've been reading posts on this forum for some time about Toto toilets and the unift. I have a 13.5" rough-in in my bathroom (I own a 1941 2 bedroom, 1 bath cottage in Richmond, CA). When I moved in, we immediately replaced the old toilet with a Toto Ultra Max model with a 12'inch rough-in. Over the years, I noticed a two-inch gap between the toilet and the wall, and it started to bother me more and more.

I've thought about everything to fix it, including moving the plumbing, replacing the toilet, etc. A new Toto toilet is so expensive. I saw that there are other brands with concealed trapways. Can I use a unifit on one of these models, which would be much cheaper than a Toto replacement with a unifit?

Thanks!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Short answer: No. Complete answer: No, because the only toilets the Unifit will work on are specific Toto models. The Unifit is not a universal design and will not work on any toilet that is not designed for it, even others made by Toto. Guess I made my point about 4 times.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, street prices verses list prices on Toto products can have a huge difference. Shop around, and while you may be too far from Terry to buy from him, his prices are good, and you should be able to get at least close if you shop around using that as a reference point.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just a note about the 2" gap. As Terry suggests, quit looking at it. You're the only one that notices it, and virtually toilet has some space between the tank and wall. The space will vary by make and model, but none of them are designed to fit tight to the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks