Organic trap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotrodjohn

Reaction score
I know this is a tough question. I am setting up a hydrogen peroxide injection system for my private well system along with a carbon whole house filter. The water treatment guy that wanted a bunch of money to do this said he recomended an "organic trap" which is basically a water softener with the proper media inside (resin) that gets recharged or backwashed with a brine (salt) solution. He did not tell me what media he would use ,said it was propriatary but he called it an organic trap. I know there is sulpher in the water which is what the peroxide is good at fixing and I know there is some iron but not much and I think that at times during the year there might be tannins present in the water. I have not had much luck at getting a affordable water test to figure this all out and I am wondering about the organic trap media? anyone know anything about this from what I have posted?

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
I know this is a tough question. I am setting up a hydrogen peroxide injection system for my private well system along with a carbon whole house filter. The water treatment guy that wanted a bunch of money to do this said he recomended an "organic trap" which is basically a water softener with the proper media inside (resin) that gets recharged or backwashed with a brine (salt) solution. He did not tell me what media he would use ,said it was propriatary but he called it an organic trap. I know there is sulpher in the water which is what the peroxide is good at fixing and I know there is some iron but not much and I think that at times during the year there might be tannins present in the water. I have not had much luck at getting a affordable water test to figure this all out and I am wondering about the organic trap media? anyone know anything about this from what I have posted?

You need a professional water test!! Imagine calling the doctor over the phone and asking for a prescription without a visit. You are wasting your time and money otherwise without the data.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Any water treatment dealer or lab or your county extension office can do the tests; or you can buy a kit and do them yourself. You do not need a certified lab.

He probably meant a sodium form anion resin used for tannin removal but, if your have iron and H2S you need a correctly sized retention tank and turbidity filter before this "organic" piece or a softener.

He may be mixing a couple resins in it and doesn't want to tell you what it was because then you'd want to know which ones. And tannin removal can be difficult and he may have found something that works well in your area but IIRC usually tannins don't come and go. Turbidity can.

Get your test results and post them.

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
I highly recommend you use a certified lab ... remember you are needing to spend a lot of money for this equipment so trying to save $50-100 would not be wise:rolleyes:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks