Optimal placement of a dishwasher wye?

Users who are viewing this thread

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
I know that there is a tailpiece fitting with a dishwasher spigot together as one unit, but I have always plumbed a kitchen sink in an end outlet configuration, and if there was a dishwasher to be installed, I have used an appliance wye under the tee of the end outlet configuration and before the trap. I have always wondered if I should really be placing that appliance wye above the tee, so I guess I am asking if there really is any difference as to where you place that appliance wye?

(and for those who read my other thread on the double 1/4 bend, I can certainly see that a center outlet configuration would definitely benefit from having a baffled tee if there is a dishwasher discharging into the line)

thx

Construct30

Reaction score
Washing machines have a minimum and maximum height above the weir for a stand pipe. Does a dishwasher? I've always used a connection in a tail piece or disposal or it's own drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks