Opinions On Enzyme Cleaner

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
On a formerly slow running drain, I ended up snaking it, which got the grease ball/clog, and then accumulate debris/slow backup. I was doing the enzyme treatment with no luck/change

We make it a point to not pour grease in the sinks .
I think the grease buildup was maybe due to washing the kitchen hood grates in the dishwasher, and when it drains the 2-3 gallon it uses, it doesn't really rinse out the drain stack and slowly accumulates.

Anyhow, it's 5 months later and noticed it was running slow only when pouring -mass amounts- of liquid from a washbin, etc. I used enzyme for 3 days, and did the run the faucet down the drain test. This time, it seems to have worked Doing the open the faucet and let it run, and so far, it has not slowly backed up after 20 seconds. There is slight backup.....still draining, water is backing up a bit to the top of the sink drain opening, but it's now like it's backing up into the sink

I think I will need to snake the drain anyhow to get rid of whatever is clinging to the sidewall but the enzyme does work...but I guess it depends on the situation like everything in life.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks