Opinion on installation for Rinnai Tankless?

Go with this price/installer

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

604Ray

Reaction score
I've received a quote from a local installer who is part of the big Reliance HVAC chain in Canada. It was quite a bit lower ($3750 cdn before tax/permit) than other companies ($5000 cdn before tax/permit) due to sale they explained and I was quoted for a Rinnai RU199 unit (i had considered a Navien 240A and read that the Rinnai RUC98in was comparable). He did say it would go back to normal price of $4800 without the promo.

I asked the salesperson to send me a picture of the RU199 installed so I could ask for opinions how the install looks? Any concerns here with how it's connected with this picture (sorry, only 1 I got from him)? BBB shows A+ rating and 41 reviews with 4.5/5 stars for installer, 1 complaint (regarding copy of payment receipt), established 38 years. 5 years parts/labor is what i was told, unit itself has manufacturer warranty.

i'm not handy at all but find the feedback on models and details on the tankless in this forum very useful in my research. thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 3342936540079535467.jpg
    3342936540079535467.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 584
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks