One2Flush on a Toto Drake

Users who are viewing this thread

vman

Reaction score
Anyone use this product, one2flush, (you should be able to google it). Have u used it anywhere, but specificially have you used it or do you think it will work on a Toto Drake?

- Thankx

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The one2flush will not work on the Drake.
The one2flush replaces a 2" flush valve.
The Drake uses a 3" flush valve.

And even if you could, it would use more water then the Drake does.
There wouldn't be any water savings with it.

The Drake can be ordered with either the 1.28 gallon tank, or the 1.6 gallon tank.
If you want WaterSense water savings, just order the 1.28 gallon tank.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I seems to me this similar to what some manufactures tried to do when low flow toilets were first mandated. They tried to cobble up a way to make their old full volume toilets make the grade and that failed. This resulted in low flow toilets having poor performance and people being lead to believe that it was not possible to have a good performing low flow toilet. Some of these companies continue rely on their brand recognition to sell their junk products. No matter how many bells and whistles you put on a piece of junk, it's still junk.

Being Water

Reaction score
Website
www.beingwater.com
Actually the ONE2flush will have the three inch model out very soon. It will have the UPC label on it as well. Although it may not be quite as efficient(water wise)to put in one of these units on a 1.2 flush toilet, it certainly makes a lot of sense on any 1.6 toilet. And in this economy what makes more sense. Upgrade the tank insides or putting another toilet in the landfill. In talking with the water districts they even agree with this logic, especially since they aren't giving rebates if you already have gotten a rebate on your current 1.6 gallon flush. This is a product that has a wide application. It won't work in every circumstance, but it will indeed save water. And it's a whole lot more accurate than a brick. The new models coming out next week are even adjustable. This means you can adjust the flush amount based on the configuration of your tank so that you can get a full swirl evacuation even on the half flush. I have read your blogs for awhile and usually agree. But with this product I have to disagree.

vman

Reaction score
Tank

Sorry to be dense, but are u saying all I have to do is switch out the 1.6 tank for the 1.2 tank and everything should work fine?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sorry to be dense, but are u saying all I have to do is switch out the 1.6 tank for the 1.2 tank and everything should work fine?

The newest version of the bowl works for either tank. Not sure about the older one or how to tell.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on which valve you could have some dirt in the valve preventing it from sealing, letting the water run.

Gellfex

Reaction score
one2flush on a Cadet3?

Any more experiences out there on the one2flush devices, particularly the 3" version? I'd like to try one on a Cadet3. I've been really happy with the 1 Cadet3 I have, a real bargain that works far better than a more expensive Flushmate equipped Gerber that was always noisy and has gotten weak (yes I tried troubleshooting it). I dislike the top mounted pushbutton dual flush AS models, and wonder if a Cadet3 equipped with the 0ne2flush might be inexpensive and functional. I've got 10 toilets under my care, and only 3 are low flow, so I'd like to figure this out. Basic Cadet 3+ one2flush=$170!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can buy new toilets that are Watersense right out of the box.

Why would you try to dual flush a single flush bowl, when they would use the same amount of water anyway?
You are over thinking this.

Do you plan on placing a plunger by every toilet?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks