One pipe jet pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Rman

Master mechanic
Reaction score
I’ve got a 3/4 hp single pipe jet pump and would like to get water from my lake
Question is can it lift water 10 feet vertically and then 40 feet horizontally to shed? Input is 1 inch output is 3/4 inch. How far into the lake should I go in depth from shoreline? Looking for lawn and garden irrigation system. Will a small bladder tank be sufficient? Also after filling pump in shed with water to prime how long should it take to get the water to the pump. Should the output be closed or open during priming? Thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
10 feet vertical is not a problem. Closer to shore the better. If the pump is primed water should start almost immediately on pump start. Leave something open during pump start. A small bladder tank is only sufficient if every use of water matches the pumps output exactly, OR if you use the small tank in combination with a Cycle Stop Valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks