One-piece dual-flush for 10" rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

lazerdriver

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good one-piece dual-flush toilet for 10" rough-in for a reasonable price ($350 or less)? They seem to be almost non-existent, at least from the major manufacturers. So far I have found only one:

https://finefixtures.com/product/ja...d-colors=white&attribute_pa_standard-sizes=10

Never heard of this company till yesterday (Fine Fixtures). I don't think they design or make their own stuff since I have seen this exact same toilet sold under the names of Horow and Deer Valley too. Not much a whole lot of info or pro reviews of this model.

Has anyone had any experience with this toilet, or can you recommend a quality alternative from a reputable manufacturer?

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Avoid those marginal brands.
To look for good performance check out the non-profit MaP testing charts.
Only go for a 1,000 grams per flush toilet.
For 10" you are going to be best served by any of the Toto with the skirted design and then buy the 10" unifit rough kit as an add on.
BUT, only buy 1000 grams per flush. Seriously!
Forget one-piece if that is the stumbling issue. And save your money if you can't find a 1,000 gpf one piece, get two piece.
https://www.map-testing.com/

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Anything TOTO that gets 500 grams on the MaP testing is great.
I've installed all of them and had many in my own home just to make sure.

TOTO doesn't have a toilet like that in your price range though.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Oh.. I think I had the pleasure of installing a Deer Valley dual flush 1pc toilets at my inlaws.. I did find a UPC stamp. It was not the easiest toilet to install and was glad I dry set it before I made a mess of the wax. Those little blocks have to line up with not very well lined up mishapen cut outs in the base. then really long screws have to go in.. not at the angle shown in the instructions or they get lodged in the cutouts.. then it still feels like its not setting very well on the floor, tho it is just a temporary setting for now. But I don't have high hopes. Will likely replace the wax with a waxless flexible gasket if I dont feel it will set very well.. or do as the instructions written inside the bowl mention and toss the toilet in the trash. And there was an odd 7/8" toilet connector to 1/2" IPS adapter threaded onto the filler.. that was fun to find and figure out. Luckily I was still doing my pre-set.

Guidry 2.jpg

lazerdriver

Reaction score
Yeah, I looked a little into that one. The bolt access with the L-shaped things did not look good. Also I think it is 1.28gpf max.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
We just went to install the Swiss Madison wall hung toilet yesterday which went pretty well. They had an interesting method for mounting that actually made it easier. The inlaws really love this Deer Valley dual flush toilet too. We pulled it from its temporary mount yesterday so they've not even used it a full month yet. But no complaints.

And I'm really hoping the inlaws don't see the note I wrote on the underside!! ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks