Older Sterling Toilet - Any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

dlance_2007

Reaction score
There's an older Sterling toilet in a rental house I just bought. I'm not familiar with the name and just curious if this approx 10 yr old lower end of the line is worth keeping, or if I should just install a new brand name one. It's a low flow model and was ripped out for tile before I had a chance to actually use. Maybe just install new internals?

Any recommendations?

Thank you

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't have specific information on he Sterling toilet, but 10 years ago many toilet manufacturers were trying to adapt old 3 gallon toilets to new low flow requirements and most of their efforts were disasters. Even today some of the well known old brands are still having trouble. Toto was the leader in low flow technology and still leads the field. There is far more to making a toilet perform well with low water usage than just new internal parts. Some of the best known brand names from years past still haven't learned this. Unless you don't mind renters calling you in the middle of the night with a clogged toilet, do yourself a favor and install a new Eco Toto Drake. Many places offer rebates that can soften the blow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks