Older Navien CH240 error question

Users who are viewing this thread

Giantsean

Reaction score
I have an original vintage 2012 Navien CH240 which has already been replaced once (in 2015) for a dripping heat exchanger. Yesterday it started throwing Error 35 (gas pressure sensor) pretty regularly, though it has calmed down somewhat and will run longer at lower DHW temps before the error kicks in. It is definitely on it's last legs, having had several parts replaced (most recently the 3 way valve and pump). At one point I discovered a mystery air leak while the cover was off... today while cycling it several times I found out why. The top gasket between the burner box and the heat exchanger assembly is pretty much non-existent in one corner (ie, I can see the flame through it, with a nice bit of CO blowing out :p).

I know Navien has a 10 year warranty on the HE's (which for me expires at the end of 2022). Any idea if this clearly sub-optimal situation such as this is covered by the HE warranty, or does it only cover water leaks?

I am guessing the gas pressure error is being somehow caused by the bad sealing, but I'm not that saavy so that's just an ASSumption. If it's covered it may not matter, but still curious. Thanks for any advice!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
My old books say to contact Navien Tech Admin Dept 800 519-8794 if you have your proof of purchase.
Pretty much they put that long warranty on the only part that doesn't go bad cuz its stainless steel.

Giantsean

Reaction score
Per my guy they will warranty replace it with an NCB240-130H. I noticed the space heating BTU specs are a bit less on this model... is this all mostly paper engineering at this point?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks