Old Moen Moenique shower/faucet combo nobody recognizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Sara W

Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I’m trying to replace this with the retrofit cover plate (14292). Can someone tell me the next step in removing it? I don’t see any other screws or a bracket or ??

Edit: It was a push fitting with a lot of grout holding it in place underneath. Once I chipped the grout away, it just twisted off. It was still a very good seal though, after 45 years in place! And heavy duty - they don’t make them like this anymore! The new spout is plastic and the set screw bracket is not seated properly, so I’m waiting for Moen to send me a new one.

moen-moenique-removed.jpg

moen-14292.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have not replaced one of these yet. I would love to see if someone has though and some pictures?
Thanks for posting the one above.

The replacement cartridge is either the 1200 or the 1225.

Dodger

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how to remove the gate on this thing, so I can replace the gasket? I don't want to break anything until I know I am able to replace it. Thanks

4F7C2B34-B253-4CCE-B4CE-55504372FCE5.jpeg

8C9E1E24-41B1-4002-894E-B18C471E06D0.jpeg

B9145ED5-F9DF-4981-B179-2B95883240DF.jpeg

Bkv122

Reaction score
Bumping this old thread... Just successfully replaced with new trim. But the handle I got wont fit correctly. Obviously old one fits.

Is there a Moen handle that will fit? Or will stop tube have to be shorter?

Nerfhausen

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how to remove the gate on this thing, so I can replace the gasket? I don't want to break anything until I know I am able to replace it. Thanks

View attachment 72496

View attachment 72497

View attachment 72498
I just found if you remove the flower looking retainer clip at the bottom, pull the pin/handle out at the top and pull carefully the rim that is fixed and sticks a little out from the main housing at the bottom( I used goose neck pliers and gently trying not to squash the thing too much, pull and turn at the same time will loose it) will free that piston looking part that is the valve that open close the flow. This piston looking part has a rubber seal that likely can be replaced. If you remove the two Philips screws inside the main housing the whole valve can be removed for easy cleaning. I will attach pic so you can have an idea of what I mean. Good luck.

20220521_143722.jpg
20220521_143727.jpg
20220521_143803.jpg
20220521_143823.jpg

Last edited:

Coyote17

Reaction score
I just found if you remove the flower looking retainer clip at the bottom, pull the pin/handle out at the top and pull carefully the rim that is fixed and sticks a little out from the main housing at the bottom( I used goose neck pliers and gently trying not to squash the thing too much, pull and turn at the same time will loose it) will free that piston looking part that is the valve that open close the flow. This piston looking part has a rubber seal that likely can be replaced. If you remove the two Philips screws inside the main housing the whole valve can be removed for easy cleaning. I will attach pic so you can have an idea of what I mean. Good luck.

View attachment 83658View attachment 83659View attachment 83660View attachment 83661
Dodger and Nerfhausen, running into the same issue with the diverter valve on my Monique. Just curious - were you able to successfully clean it and return it to functioning order? Did you end up finding a new rubber seal? Thanks!

Coyote17

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks