Old, leaky, rusted outdoor fitting set in concrete

Users who are viewing this thread

robert a

Reaction score
Hi There,
I'm a homeowner who's done a little plumbing maintenance over the years, but this situation is new to me. How to remedy this leak? The tangle of pipes makes it tough to get my brain around. It's leaking from the underside of the left-most elbow where it meets the horizontal pipe in the photo. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
leaky pipes.jpg

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Any pipe in concrete is going to fail sooner or later. First to fail is usually galvanized.

I would eliminate this pipe, whether it's in use or abandoned. If it's in use, cut it where it enters the concrete, then bypass it somehow, using a different pipe (copper, PVC or other, depending on the purpose of the pipe). You may have to cut/break some concrete.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks