Old house. Water main shut off. Could this lever be it?

Users who are viewing this thread

JamieH

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Brand new to this forum. Looks like a great place! Is the circled valve my water main shut off or something else? Would appreciate your experienced input.

Jamie
Main Shut Off.jpg

JamieH

Reaction score
Thank you, Terry. Any idea what that type of valve this might be? I don't even know where to start my research with this thing. And I'm afraid to toggle it.

Jadziedzic

Reaction score
That looks identical to my supply setup here in New Hampshire; the valve is the main shutoff. It's a ball valve, the brand name "FORD" is molded into the surface (in the picture) facing toward the wall, with a pack joint fitting below the valve connecting it to the copper pipe below.

JamieH

Reaction score
That looks identical to my supply setup here in New Hampshire; the valve is the main shutoff. It's a ball valve, the brand name "FORD" is molded into the surface (in the picture) facing toward the wall, with a pack joint fitting below the valve connecting it to the copper pipe below.
Excellent. Thanks for the help! A Ford Meter Box I guess it's called. Turned it slightly and it moved without too much trouble. It started to drip after moving it, so I hope that stops after a while. Approx 1 drop of water per second draining into the dirt hole below it. It should stop. after a while.....hopefully!???

Ford Meter Box:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
thats the valve ! ford valves used to be real common brand , dont know if still exists i never or almost never buy that stuff

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks