Old drain too low for P trap under new vanity

Users who are viewing this thread

AAP

Reaction score
Hi
We are remodeling the bathroom in Denver Colorado and bought a new vanity assuming the P Trap connections would fit correctly in the open top area of the vanity. The drain stub from the wall sits just at the height of the new vanity shelf. I would prefer not to cut the shelf to have the P trap
Sink drain solution.jpg
below the shelf in order for it to line up with the existing drain stub.
I have read that you can not have an S trap because water siphons off in the trap.

But I saw a potential solution on your site in a photo and am asking if this would solve the problem by having the P trap higher up - above the shelf and still comply with code so I do not have to cut the new vanity shelf?
If it does not, are there any other solutions that do not require cutting out the shelf to drop the P trap below it?
Sink drain solution.jpg P trap idea.jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
It will work. Do position the AAV as high as possible to help keep it from becoming contaminated from splash-back or a backup,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks