Old Delta Valve w/new Delta products?

Users who are viewing this thread

BuffaloSS

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my old (1999-2001?) Delta Monitor shower/tub setup with the new Delta Lockwood series. Do the use the same valve? I'd love to swap this out myself but i don't want to cut into the wall to replace the valve.

Also, will this older model delta valve work with any other brand faucet? We don't particularly like the Delta stuff, and would like to use something different, but again, i don't want to get into the wall to replace the guts.

Thanks

Last edited:

lpennington

Reaction score
I'm looking to something similar ... just moved in and right now there's a 10 yr old Delta Monitor. The plumber came by and said if I could get a model # he could tell whether or not he'd need to cut the wall open (no access way) ... can anyone by chance give any specific info by this pic?

Attachments

• delta1.JPG
    delta1.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 9,299

lpennington

Reaction score
The gold plating is peeling badly on both pieces of the unit, the lever as well as the showerhead. We wanted new showerhead (and the neck) and a new lever unit too.

I just spoke with the plumber and they tell me that model is too old to just change the pieces without having to go in thru the wall. We don't have an access panel so I was trying to avoid the expense of having to hire some to repair the wall behind the shower ...

(1) does anyone here have a suggestion for changing the visible shower pieces without tearing up the bathroom wall? (2) on the limited info does this sound accurate (having to tear the wall up rather than just changing the trim ... we were going to get another Delta Monitor set which look the same 10 yrs later IMO)? Thx.

Last edited:

lpennington

Reaction score
Just called Delta Faucets after being tipped off that Delta has a lifetime warranty on finish ... and now they're sending out a trim kit and a new cartridge that will enable us to change our old trim (1500 series) to a new 1700 series that they're providing for free! Also they say that the cartridge will allow us to transition to the new set without having to tear up our wall.

Hopefully that's correct since we have our 1st child coming in mid-August and the $$ saved was truly needed.

What could the plumber have been thinking?

stuckwitholddelta

Reaction score
delta 1500

I was wondering how that worked for you. I too have that shower kit. I was told mine is a monitor 1500 and since the screws are at 5 and 7 o'clock, then I would need to find the plate RP20101 in polish brass then buy the RP29406pb conversion kit. I can't seem to find anyone selling the plate. Did you have any luck?

TedL

Reaction score
You've revived a three year old thread, and asked a question of someone who hasn't posted in 2 years. Worth a shot, but don't hold your breath.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks