Old Delta single handle bath tub faucet leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Gregory1

Reaction score
I've got a rental that has a fairly old single handle Delta faucet that's leaking. See included picture of the faucet. I'd like to try to tackle it myself but having a hard time trying to find a tutorial video because it's so old. Is this YouTube video the same type of faucet I included a picture of? Any tips? Looks like the dome nut can be tricky. Thanks for any tips!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "dome nut" is the key to the whole thing. IF you do not remove it properly, and doing so can be daunting, you will "destroy" the faucet and have to replace it. Best leave it to a plumber who knows what he is doing and has done it many times, (and that does NOT mean "just any plumber")

Gregory1

Reaction score
The "dome nut" is the key to the whole thing. IF you do not remove it properly, and doing so can be daunting, you will "destroy" the faucet and have to replace it. Best leave it to a plumber who knows what he is doing and has done it many times, (and that does NOT mean "just any plumber")

Thanks. I'm fairly handy and do most of the repairs on my rental myself so I may carefully give it a try. Can you tell me if the faucet in that YouTube video would apply to my faucet? I'd like to go into this with as much info about the faucet as possible. Thanks!

Gregory1

Reaction score
Thanks. Got it changed in about 5 minutes. I was just scared of it because it was so old but it came apart nicely.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks