Old Cast Iron tub worth anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Karen01

Reaction score
We are planning to renovate our bathroom. I think the current PINK alcove tub is original to the house which was built in the mid 1950's, and we will be replacing it... I was wondering if it was worth anything or if it should just be thrown out.

I found a picture of the same tub on the web the someone had removed from their bathroom.

images-1.jpeg

Thanks,
-Karen

Reaction score
you may need to be in the right market for it, but there's a place here in southern california that sells old tubs like that for upwards of $2,000. They don't have any tubs at the moment, but here's their website.

As an owner trying to sell it in your local market, it may turn out to be worth somewhat less than a retailer could get for it, AND it probably weighs more than 300 pounds, so you'd have to find a buyer capable of moving it...and a contractor willing to remove it without damaging (or purposely smashing it to get it out more easily)... or keep it yourself, if you like it!

DIYorBust

Reaction score
That will be a tough sell. I'd post on on craigslist and see if anyone will take it for free or maybe 100 bucks, but I doubt there would be any takers, and it could take months or years for someone to be interested.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks