Old cast iron lead joints has slop new PVC doesn't

Users who are viewing this thread

Tbbarch

Reaction score
Installing a bathroom about 4 feet from an existing bathroom that will be demolished.
The relocation has to do with and overall renovation including enlargement of the bathroom.

The existing bathroom DWV is all cast iron bell and lead joints.
I will need to tear out all the existing cast iron back to the house sewer due to the exist bathroom sewer's close proximity to it.

Now that I am doing the layout I am finding there is a lot of slop in the joints of the cast iron pipe joints allowing it to make several odd angle transitions. A long run of PVC may have more flex but the PVC joints are not forgiving.

The ways I know of making transitions are:
1) Use a sweep a the bottom of a vertical to go any direction I want to get the desired angle tie-in.
(great when height permits)
2) Use combinations of fittings (elbows, sweeps, Ys) rotated to get the needed angle.
(some good but has to work with pipe slope)

The Problem:
What are the list of ways to make an odd angle transition with little vertical drop?
3) ...

I'm guessing I am looking at removing a lot more cast iron than originally expected just to get back to a point that will allow me to do a zig-zag to intersect at an available angle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks