Thx .

Attachments

• 7B49517E-9AC9-4C7D-9BD5-0ACC8B5085B5.jpeg
    7B49517E-9AC9-4C7D-9BD5-0ACC8B5085B5.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 199

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
In general, yes, a newer burner from a different manufacturer can be installed. There may be particulars about getting the installation correct beyond what a typical DIYer should be doing, including (but not exclusively) adjusting the mixture and getting the nozzle spray pattern correct for the boiler + burner combination.

If the boiler has a model number that may be useful in figuring out some of those details.

At some point well before the boiler is old enough to be receiving AARP card solicitations it's worth retiring the entire boiler for something newer and closer to being right-sized for the heating & hot water loads, but that's clearly a more expensive proposition than swapping burners.

Old burner

Reaction score
In general, yes, a newer burner from a different manufacturer can be installed. There may be particulars about getting the installation correct beyond what a typical DIYer should be doing, including (but not exclusively) adjusting the mixture and getting the nozzle spray pattern correct for the boiler + burner combination.

If the boiler has a model number that may be useful in figuring out some of those details.

At some point well before the boiler is old enough to be receiving AARP card solicitations it's worth retiring the entire boiler for something newer and closer to being right-sized for the heating & hot water loads, but that's clearly a more expensive proposition than swapping burners.

Thx for info today i changed the coupler between
The pump and the motor
Its a little quieter now but I noticed the hamster wheel a litte sorta bent out of shape
???? Where in the world can I find a new hamster
Wheel for this unit ?I looked on eBay and online
Can’t seem to find one
Thx

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
The burner itself looks old enough to have been built during the Eisenhower administration. The igniter looks like a much more recent replacement. The odds of finding replacment sub-components for a burner that old are extremely slim, but without a model number for the burner that drops to vanishingly small. If the thing has been running out of balance for very long it's likely that the bearings are trash too (especially after 60+ years of service.)

If cash is super-tight you might go shopping in places like this for a pretty-good used burner of more recent vintage, but you'll still have to install the right nozzle and have somebody tune it up with a combustion analyser.

Old burner

Reaction score
The burner itself looks old enough to have been built during the Eisenhower administration. The igniter looks like a much more recent replacement. The odds of finding replacment sub-components for a burner that old are extremely slim, but without a model number for the burner that drops to vanishingly small. If the thing has been running out of balance for very long it's likely that the bearings are trash too (especially after 60+ years of service.)

If cash is super-tight you might go shopping in places like this for a pretty-good used burner of more recent vintage, but you'll still have to install the right nozzle and have somebody tune it up with a combustion analyser.

45cu-1 looks to be the model number

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Couldn't find a cross reference for that number.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks