Old American Std Parts source

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Chas, Oct 21, 2004.

  1. Chas

    Chas New Member

    Oct 21, 2004
    Can anyone help me locate a source for old American Standard parts? I have a single handle shower mixing valve that doesn't completely shut off. I estimate the vintage to be 1934 because of a known remodel during that year. The cover plate says "American Standard Re-Nu". It is supposed to shut off with full counter clockwise rotation, then goes through cold to hot by rotating clockwise. I have disassembled, and seen that there are flat rubber washers approximately the size of a nickle that make the seal. They are quite hard and I assume are what I should be replacing. However, I have been unable to locate a source for these washers. Any thoughts?
  2. Tyke Martin

    Tyke Martin New Member

    Jun 14, 2005
    Hey Chas

    Did you ever find the parts to the old re-Nu Mixing Valve ?? If so, please contact me at tykemartin@aol.com.


  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: American Parts
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Before Scrapping parts of 1940 American Standard..input? Jul 24, 2014
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Can you identify this bathroom faucet? Need Parts. American Standard 2373.801 Jan 13, 2013
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Removing American Standard Kitchen Faucet Handles Sep 14, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Try to remove American Standard shower set volume control trim May 27, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Low pressure for American Standard tub Apr 3, 2017

Share This Page