Old 1 3/8" Bathroom Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

Yes, because now we know you are looking for the entire drain and not just a tailpiece as your previous postings indicated. You will have to search the home designer locations, such as EXPO, or Great Indoors, to find a drain that is not the standard size.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Basically, unless you're willing to pony up high prices for replacement parts, you're not going to find replacements for your Crane basins. I know what you're talking about and the usual fix is to replace the entire sink. In addition to the odd-sized tubes, there are internal parts, such as on the pop-up assembly, that are extremely worn by now and likely to fail.

Crane gave up making those things a very long time ago.

Marty 1

Reaction score
Hi: Sorry about not spelling out the right situation in the first place. Luckly, the sinks have drain plugs and not pop-ups, so that's one less thing to worry about. I think I'll go over to our plumbing wholesaler and see what I can find. I though maybe a commercial laundry sink might have an oversized drain that would work. Thanks--Marty

Marty 1

Reaction score
Hi: The old warehouse suppy store in our neighborhood had a 1 1/4" press flo drain. Although, I'll have to drill out for an overflow hole, it looks like it'll work, as it's a lot bigger and more heavy duty then the Ace drain. Marty

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks